Jan 2, 2017

Snapshots QAL finish!

post signature
I finished my Snapshots quilt, yay!
It all began with choosing my fabric for each block.
I used all of Bonnie and Camille's fabric, but they were from lots of different lines.  
They all go together so well!


I love this little "bug"!  
I decided to make this quilt for my new daughter in law, Kari.
I knew that heart had to have some embroidery, and so I did :)


I really love all the colors in this quilt, red and aqua, with touches of green and orange.
Don't you love the bicycle?
I fashioned it after my own...
The bicycle block is to remind Kari that she still needs to learn how to ride one, lol.


I know that Kari loves soft!
I put a beautiful soft aqua minky on the back.
My friend Cindy, did an outstanding machine quilting job!
She is very talented.


You can see the machine quilting a little better in this photo.
The hot air balloon represents travelling home to Costa Rica, to visit.
That's where Kari's from, only a year ago!


I sewed the camera label on the back.


Here's the closeup :)


This quilt took me a year and a half to make! 
It was hard to give away...because I love it so much.
I embroidered Kari and Sean's wedding date under the cake.


I had the best surprise on Christmas eve!
I was expecting a friend to come over any minute, to borrow some tape.
I was walking toward the front door when it opened.
I thought it was strange that my friend would walk in...
I said come in, and then realized it wasn't my friend's husband, it was my son Sean!!!!  and Kari!!!!
What an incredible surprise!
I was the only one who didn't know, lol!
It was the best gift ever!!!
We were also blessed with a visit from our daughter Lindsay and our son in law Jeremy and their 4 perfect kids!
My father in law spent Christmas with us too, and that was wonderful.
Here is Kari with her quilt, she loves it too!


2 comments:

  1. So happy for your wonderful surprise! Love all the extra touches you put into this quilt for your new daughter-in-law! It is beautiful!! I finally had my 7 Row Along Quilts (Lori's Pattern) quilted and gave them to everyone for Christmas gifts. My oldest daughter quickly spread hers on her bed. I also made 3 smaller quilts for our grandchildren - (I think they are going to need bigger closets soon to hold them all) - oh well that is what Grandma's are for - right :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! I plan on making this quilt someday!

    ReplyDelete