Mar 14, 2016

Instagram block QAL


Are you an on Instagram?
It's a social network where you only post photos.
I love Instagram, I have made many wonderful friendships on there.
 Quilters are very friendly and that's just how it is :)
Lori Holt @beelori1 had a QAL (quilt along) on her page, and I was able to sew along right as she posted the instructions.
Lori stated what colors we should use and for the background, we could use brown or gray.


We had no idea what the block was going to look like, and I was thrilled to see that it was an Instagram block!


I quilted mine with an organic quilt design.
I didn't measure, I just sewed lazy lines, and I love it!
I used a scrappy binding too.


Isn't this the cutest little tag?
I bought it from Pine Needles quilt shop in West Jordan, Utah, but you can buy it from tagitons.com.


I love the red fabric with the mason jars.
It's my favorite shade of red, too.


I put a colorful ticket fabric on the back, wrapped it all up, and sent it to one of my Instagram besties :)



Lori gave instructions for a 6" block and a 12" block.  
I hope you make this block, it was very enjoyable :)

post signature














No comments:

Post a Comment