Apr 25, 2014

Modern Instabee 2014 (April)


I've told you before that I joined the 2014 Modern Instabee.
Our group is hive 11, there are a lot of quilters participating.
This is the book that we are choosing our blocks from.
It's a great book, I would recommend it to anyone.
There are 13 blocks, and they are in 3 different categories.
Beginner blocks, confident blocks, and intermediate blocks.


The quilter who chose the month of April, also chose the Painter's Palette, a beginner block. 
She wanted solid colors only, with a white background.
I don't have very much of a selection in solid colors, but luckily I had some that went well together, in a rainbow assortment.


I think the block turned out really well :)
Won't it make a cute quilt to have these blocks with many different colors?
I searched the internet to find a finished quilt using the "painter's palette" block and couldn't find one.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, I think it will be very original.
It was a great block to sew, very easy and quick!





 
If you're interested in seeing more of these finished blocks or any other from Hive 11, go to Instagram and look up #moderninstabeehive11.
If you want to see all of the hives, look up #moderninstabee2014.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun group to join! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete