Jul 10, 2013

Candlestick - DIY


I have had this candlestick for a long time and really like it.
It has two others that are in the set, all different heights.
The only problem, is that I'm not crazy about the dark color anymore.
Time to do a little painting....


I took them to the backyard and spray painted them white.


I wanted them to have some texture.
I bought this glaze at the hardware store and had them add some black paint.
The can is full, so there isn't much room to add paint, just a little.


With the smaller foam brush, I painted the ridges of the candlestick lightly.  Then I wiped it off with a dry paper towel.
The grooves are now a little darker, giving a distressed or antique look.
You can add as much or as little as you want to.


Now the candlesticks don't blend in with the rest of the decor.


That spray paint dries really fast.
The whole project took about an hour and a half, including drying time.
Does this inspire you to paint something in your home?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment